DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
Fettercairn Farmers Club considers the most likely information to be held to be. (This list is not exhaustive) • Names of Exhibitors • Names of Exhibits • Ages of Exhibits and Exhibitors • The Address of Exhibits and Exhibitors • Dates of Birth • Telephone Number • E-mail addresses Fettercairn Farmers Club has considered the effect of GDPR on its activities. Fettercairn Farmers Club will not share your information with any other organisation and considers itself accountable.
Our Commitment to you.
Fettercairn Farmers Club has completed a legitimate interests processing assessment to consider how information retained whether verbal, written, photographical, intellectual will:
1. Be processed fairly and lawfully It is not our intention to breach and law or regulation at any time
2. Be obtained only for specific, lawful purposes Fettercairn Farmers Club will retain information it requires in connection with its core business which it considers to be the holding of its annual show
3. Be adequate, relevant and not excessive Fettercairn Farmers Club does not intend to store extensive or intensive information.
4. Be accurate and kept up to date Our Legitimate Interests Processing Assessment is available to all members please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a copy. Fettercairn Farmers Club will endeavour to keep information up to date. To do this we ask you to update us.
5. Not be held for any longer than necessary Should you ask us in writing to delete or remove the information we hold on you, we will.
6. Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects It is not Fettercairn Farmers Club’s intention to breach and law or regulation at any time
7. Be protected in appropriate ways Fettercairn Farmers Club will ensure safeguards as to how it stores your information whether electronically or otherwise
8. Not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), unless that country or territory also ensures an adequate level of protection. Fettercairn Farmers Club does not operate outside of the UK
What we ask of you
Should you wish us to remove your details from our records please contact us by email: email@example.com or write to: The Secretary, 42 Gardenston Street Laurencekirk AB30 1UG, or call: 07903 149329 Please keep us informed of any name, address or contact detail changes if you wish for us to send you information. When you enter a class, apply for a tradestand, apply for Membership you are giving us consent to retain your information under GDPR. When you no longer wish us to hold information relating to you please notify us.
Fettercairn Farmers Club believes that all Show Council Members and Officers have a duty to promote the importance of Data Protection. The Officers are the designated Data Protection Officers for the purpose of compliance with the Act. Under GDPR -please inform us directly of any Subject access requirements. We will comply within the Statutory time period. You can do this by writing to the Secretary. Any breach of Data Protection Laws or Regulations will be subject to investigation by at least two Directors.
Fettercairn Farmers Club has risk assessed the data it is likely to store on persons that provide it with information. It regards the nature of information held as limited and the harm that can be caused by the imparting of this information as low. Fettercairn Farmers Club will however take all reasonable steps to ensure Data Protection. Fettercairn Farmers Club believes that Data Protection Impact Assessments are not relevant to its activities. This information is typically limited to specific areas of the show that are of interest to the individual who supplied the information. For Illustration -This means that if an Exhibitor enters the ‘Horse’ section of the show. The Section Secretary may in the future contact the past exhibitor with details of any future show. Fettercairn Farmers Club considers its core business as the holding of its annual agricultural show. It will not send out in any continued significant mail shot, e-mail marketing (of Spam proportions). Fettercairn Farmers Club will not make a nuisance of itself or bombard individuals with information relating to future events. Where information is stored by paper means it will not leave this information unsecured. This means that any person who does not need to see this information will have sight of it. Fettercairn Farmers Club will ensure papers are locked or secured in a drawer, filing cabinet or room – or in such a way as to prevent unauthorised review. Information stored by paper means will be destroyed securely by shredding when no longer required.
Data Storage – Electronic
Fettercairn Farmers Club will ensure that strong passwords are used wherever Show Council Members of Officers need to send or receive information. Websites and E-mail Exchange Servers are to be encrypted/protected by Firewall in accordance with any recommendation from our IT Consultants.
Data Storage – Other
The website contains numerous photographs of crowds or groups of people. We do not want to offend or cause harm or upset. Where we are requested to remove photographs or similar from the website we will review the photograph and respond to you. We may obscure faces to hide identities etc. Where Children are the subject of a photograph we will endeavour to obtain parental consent. It is our intention only for photographs to portray the spirit and atmosphere of the event. We recognise that people may intentionally or unintentionally feature in these photographs and that they may in some cases very much feature within the picture. Please consider the Photographs in the spirit they are intended.
Lawful Basis- we will only retain the bare minimum of information . This is specifically identified as the information we require off you to enter classes, apply for Membership/Tradestands. Fettercairn Farmers Club considers consent has been provided under the law of contract when entries/membership/goods or services are paid for.
Fettercairn Farmers Club does not operate in any other EU Member states.